How to Reset Victony WiFi Extender?
It is not strange for Victony extenders to slow down over time and give a laggy and sluggish performance. Although a simple reboot can fix most issues related to Victony extenders; however, it is not a lasting solution. If your Victony extender has become stubborn and not giving you the desired results, you need to take it back to factory settings. In this write-up, we will guide you on how to reset Victony WiFi extender in a safe and quick manner. Apart from that, we would be making you aware of the things to be taken care of before resetting the device to default settings.
Before we start, let’s be clear!
This guide’s steps provide a general explanation of how to reset Victony WiFi extenders. The menu layout and button combinations may differ significantly depending on the Victony extender model you use. However, the process for resetting all models will remain the same, no matter whether you have Victony WA1200 WiFi extender setup at your home or any other.
Here’s How to Reset Victony WiFi Extender
If you have tried everything to fix the performance issues of your Victony, it’s time you should take some more drastic steps. Yes, you read it right! You need to reset Victony WiFi extender for giving the device a fresh start. Here’s how to do it:
This is to inform you that a Victony extender can be reverted to default settings using two different methods. You can either make things done with the press of the Reset button or get access to the web interface of your Victony and set the device to default settings.
In the below sections, we’ll guide you about both methods in detail. So, whichever you find easy to execute, you can opt for the same. Here we go.
Reset Victony WiFi Extender using Hard Reset Method
Before you commence the process, make sure your Victony extender is connected to your home WiFi router in a proper manner.
- Also, have a nudge on the power LED of your device and confirm it is stable and glowing green.
- Now, locate the Reset button on your Victony.
- FYI, the location of the button may vary depending on the extender model you are making use of. Hence, check all sides of the extender for locating the button.
- Now, press it firmly and let your Victony reset to its default settings.
This is all about resetting a Victony extender using the hard reset process. Users can also reset their devices back to factory settings with the help of the soft reset process. However, for this, you need to access the web user interface of your extender.
Here’s How to Reset Victony WiFi Extender Using Web GUI
- Connect your extender to the router by making use of an Ethernet cable.
- Power up your Victony by plugging its power socket into a working wall socket.
- Next, get access to your computer and open a web browser on it.
- It is advised to launch only an updated web browser. Else, you may not be able to access the login page of your Victony extender.
- Type the default IP address into the URL field of your Internet browser and press the Enter key.
- This will redirect you to the login page of your extender.
- Now, you need to enter the default login details of your device. Users who have customized the login details of their extenders after configuring them are required to make use of the changed login details.
- Click Ok after entering the needed details and you will find yourself on the Victony extender setup wizard.
- This is the dashboard of your device.
- Navigating to the Settings section of your device, you can find the Reset option.
- Click the same and hit Apply.
- Your Victony will reset to default settings.
Once you are through with the process of resetting your Victony extender, it is advised that you again configure it for making use of it.
In a Nutshell
That is all about how to reset Victony WiFi extender using various methods. If you face any issues while executing the reset process, feel free to contact our seasoned experts for quick assistance. Our experts are 24×7 available, for your information.