Quick Way to Change Admin Password of Victony WiFi Extender
It’s really important to change admin password of your Victony WiFi extender after setting it up as it will secure your extender from unauthorized access. The Victony extender comes with default login credentials and every third person is aware of that. So, it’s recommended to change admin password from default and set something unique for security purposes. Here, in this post, we will discuss how you can change the default password of your Victony WiFi extender. So, without wasting any more seconds, let’s browse to the next section to gain knowledge on how to change extender’s admin password.
Steps to Change Admin Password of Victony Extender
Browse through the instruction given below to change admin password without any stress:
1. Turn On Your Victony WiFi Extender
- Connect your Victony WiFi extender to the electrical socket.
- Power it on and wait for the power LED to become green.
2. Connect Your Router
- Grab an Ethernet cable.
- Then, connect your Victony extender to the home router using the Ethernet cable. Ensure that the connection between your devices is properly finger-tight.
3. Access an Internet Browser on your PC
- After successfully establishing the connection between your host router and the Victony extender, switch on the PC after plugging it into the power socket.
- Then, access the web browser on your PC. Just make sure that your web browser is up-to-date.
Important Note: Remove temporary files such as cache, cookies, and browser history for high-speed performance.
4. Perform Victony Login
- In the address bar, insert the default IP address and press the Enter button.
- You’ll be redirected to the Victony login page where you need to input the default username and password in their field respectively.
- Click the Login button to access the Victony extender setup wizard.
5. Change the Password
- Once you have logged in successfully, the extender’s dashboard will appear on the screen.
- Here, move the cursor of your mouse to the Advanced Settings.
- Then, click Device Settings, and the Password Settings window will pop up.
- In the Password Settings page, insert the current password and the new password that you want to configure.
- After inputting all the necessary information, click Apply button to save the changes you have done.
Important Note: For security reasons, we suggest you opt for a strong admin password. So, use a combination of letters, numbers, symbols, and special characters which are hard to guess to prevent unauthorized access.
This is all about how you can change admin password of your Victony WiFi extender. On the off chance, if you are unable to do so, then implement these below-mentioned troubleshooting hacks or connect with our IT professionals for instant solutions.
Resolved: Unable to Change Admin Password
1. Verify the Ethernet Cable
Firstly, ensure that the Ethernet cable you are using to connect your extender to the router doesn’t have any kind of wear or tear. The extender needs a stable internet connection to work efficiently. So, if you detect any damages, we suggest you swap or replace the cable with the new one.
2. Insert Correct Web Address
Cross-check the web address you have entered in the URL bar. In some cases, users in hurry accidentally enter an incorrect web address which leads them to face issues resulting in not being able to change the admin password.
3. Double-check the Login Information
Confirm that the login credentials you are using to access the Victony extender setup page is entered in the right manner. Avoid any kind of typos that restrict you to access the Victony extender dashboard thereby preventing you to change admin password.
4. Perform Default Factory Setting
When none of the aforementioned troubleshooting hacks helps you in fixing the issue you were facing currently. Then, consider resetting your extender to the default factory settings and configure it again from the scratch. This will diminish all the minor or major issues that might be restricting you to change admin password of your Victony extender. So without wasting any more time, let’s start with the instructions to reset your extender.
- You need to seek the Reset button on your repeater.
- Push the Reset button, once you have found the Reset button.
- Now, your extender will reboot on its own and will be restored to the default factory settings.
Once you have successfully restored your extender to the default factory mode, configure it again to access the seamless internet services. If you aren’t sure about how to configure your device, then feel free to contact our experts for Victony WiFi extender instructions.
In this way, you can change admin password of your Victony WiFi extender without any trouble. If you are stuck with anything while executing the process, then get in touch with our experts for instant solutions.