Victony WiFi Extender Firmware Update: Quick Guide
Do you want to enhance the performance of your Victony WiFi extender? Are you looking for a guide on how to perform a firmware update on your WiFi range extender to improve the network quality? This guide is all you need right now. In this blog, you will find in-detail information about how you can perform Victony WiFi extender firmware update with easy steps. Thus stick to reading!
Victony WiFi Extender Firmware Update: Why?
Software embedded in the hardware of the extender or any other networking device that helps it perform its functions is firmware. It is recommended that this software should always be updated to its most recent version on the device. This is because this upgrading process can work wonders. When you update the firmware on your extender, new and latest features get added to it. Thus, it remains competitive with the latest extender models in the market. Apart from this, it also fixes certain bugs and improves security. Simply put, the Victony WiFi extender firmware update enhances its overall performance.
Victony WiFi Extender Firmware Update: Prerequisites
Before you get into the Victony WiFi firmware update process know what the basic requirements you need to accomplish the task easily and efficiently.
- First things first, a fully and properly set up, Victony WiFi range extender is needed. If you haven’t performed its initial configuration, then follow the instructions provided in the user manual and get it done first.
- A smart device like a computer or laptop is a must as you need to access the Victony admin dashboard to get the job done. The cherry on the top would be a computer or laptop that is running on the latest operating systems.
- As you need to access the admin dashboard, you will need the login details of the Victony extender.
- Another thing that is necessary is a stable internet connection. Ensure high-speed and reliable internet connection to the extender as well as the accessing device.
- Finally, make sure that the power supply to the Victony WiFi range extender is trouble-free and non-fluctuating. Any interruptions in the Victony WiFi range extender firmware update process due to poor power supply or any other reason, for that matter may corrupt the firmware on the extender rendering it useless. Thus, taking the help of a UPS is recommended in case of a power outage.
Victony WiFi Extender Firmware Update: Process
Now that you have gathered all the prerequisites for the process, let us straight away get to Victony WiFi extender firmware update process:
Step 1: Power Up Victony Extender
Commence the firmware upgrading process by plugging in the Victony WiFi range extender into an active and damage-free power socket. As soon as the power button is turned to the On position, the lights on the extender should begin blinking. Once they are settled it indicates the device is completely booted up. So, you can proceed to the next step.
Step 2: Connect to Router
This step is to ensure a stable internet connection to the extender. As you know a wired connection is much more reliable than a wireless one, we would recommend connecting the Victony WiFi range extender to the host router or the main gateway using a cable. Make a secure and firm connection to ensure zero signal drop between them.
Step 3: Download Firmware
It is now time to power up your computer/laptop and launch any updated internet browser on it. Now launch the browser on your computer and download the latest firmware for the Victony WiFi extender model that you use and save it at any safe location on your computer.
Step 4: Access Victony Admin Dashboard
Now, open a new tab on the browser and visit the Victony login page. Enter the login credentials to access the Victony WiFi extender setup wizard or admin dashboard.
Step 5: Install Firmware
Finally, get to the settings of the extender and upload the firmware file that you downloaded earlier. Do not open any new tab or power off the extender during the process.
This is all about how you can complete the Victony WiFi firmware update with easy steps. If you need any information on how to properly set up your Victony range extender or need further info on the firmware update, then we recommend contacting our technical experts.