Wireless-N WiFi Repeater Setup
If you are unsure about how to set up a Wireless N WiFi repeater, then the information given here will surely help you. Here, we’ve summed up the Wireless-N repeater setup instructions in Repeater/Extender and AP mode using a mobile phone and the WPS method.
Two Methods for Wireless N WiFi Repeater Setup
Using Mobile Phone
If you want to set up repeater using a mobile phone, you’ve to type 192.168.10.1 WiFi repeater setup IP into the browser’s address field. Click the button below to learn how.
Via WPS Method
To set up the repeater using the WPS approach, you either need to press the WPS button present on your WiFi devices, or enable the same option under the settings of your device.
How to Setup Wireless-N WiFi Repeater using Mobile?
Here are the steps that will help you install your WiFi repeater using a mobile phone:
- First of all, power down your existing gateway i.e. the main router.
- Place your Wireless N repeater in the range of the router.
- Now, use an RJ45 Ethernet cable to join the RJ45 port of the repeater and the LAN port of the WiFi router.
- Thereafter, switch on your router and then the Wireless-N WiFi repeater.
- Before proceeding further, check the connections you’ve made till now.
- Thence, unlock your mobile phone and connect it to your repeater’s WiFi.
- For this, tap and select the network that belongs to your repeater.
- Enter the WiFi password, and tap Connect.
- Now, launch an internet browser. Let’s say Google Chrome.
- Go to the address field and type 192.168.10.1 WiFi repeater setup.
- You will be prompted to input the User Name and Password.
- Enter admin in both fields and tap OK.
- Now, tap Setup Wizard and select Wireless Repeater Mode.
- Click Repeater – OneKey Setting and select the desired wireless network.
- Tap Next and enter the password of your router into the Pre-Shared Key field.
- Click Apply and Reboot > OK.
- You will see the Settings/Status as Repeater and the State as Connected once the setup process is completed.
- The WiFi is ready now!
In this way, you can complete Wireless N WiFi repeater setup on mobile. However, if you want to use a computer for setting up the repeater, you need to set your computer’s IP address to be in the same network domain as the WiFi repeater i.e. 192.168.1.x.
Wireless-N Repeater Setup in AP Mode
When the repeater works in the Repeater/Extender mode, it repeats the WiFi signal of the main router. However, the AP mode gives the Wireless-N repeater the ability to work as a hotspot for devices like laptops, computers, and mobile phones. For this, one needs to select the AP Mode by following the path Setup Wizard > Standard Wireless AP Mode > Next. Thereafter, it is recommended to enter the security settings and set WPA2 as the encryption standard.
Wireless-N WiFi Repeater Setup Instructions for WPS
If your WiFi repeater has a WPS button present on it then you can also use this method to set it up. The instructions given below will provide you with complete information about Wireless N repeater setup using the WPS button:
- Make sure to place your WiFi repeater near the main router.
- Now, switch on your router and then the repeater.
- Locate the WPS button on the Wireless-N repeater and press it.
- Within 2 minutes, press the WPS button on your main router.
- The WPS setup of your wireless repeater is completed.
The instructions given above will come in handy if your router and repeater both have a WPS button present on them. In case none of these devices have a physical WPS button, you have to access their dashboards to locate the same option. In your repeater, you can enable WPS by clicking WPS under Wireless on the left sidebar. After that, click Start PBC and the WPS function will get enabled.
Tips for Successful WiFi Repeater Setup
- Always connect your repeater to a 110-230V AC electrical outlet.
- Never use an outdated web browser for Wireless-N repeater setup on mobile.
- The User Name and Password are case-sensitive. Therefore, enter them with care.
- During WPS setup, press the WPS button on the second device within 2 minutes.
- The RJ-45 cable connecting your repeater and router should be non-damaged.
In case you are unable to set up your repeater using the aforementioned steps, then you can go for Wireless-N WiFi repeater reset and start the setup process from the very beginning.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Ques 1. What is 192.168.10.1 WiFi repeater setup password?
Ans: The default password of the WiFi repeater is admin in lowercase.
- Ques 2. What is the IP address of my repeater?
Ans: The default IP of the Wireless N repeater is 192.168.10.1.
- Ques 3. Why is my repeater not connecting to router?
Ans: Because you’re using the wrong network key. Use the correct password for the router.
- Ques 4. Can I use laptop to set up my Wireless N repeater?
Ans: Yes, a laptop can be used to install a repeater.
- Ques 5. Why is my repeater not working?
Ans: It is because of major bugs. Reset your WiFi repeater.