How Do I Know If I Set Up My Wireless- N Repeater Properly?
Wireless-N repeater is a networking device which is popular for increasing the WiFi signals strength for 802.11n/g/b wireless network. This extended network helps users to run internet on devices like computer, laptop or phones in any corner of your house. There are several features and benefits of the Wireless-N WiFi repeater like its compact and portable, switchable operation modes, up to 300Mbps data transmission rate. Setting up this WiFi extender is simple but, how you know that you complete the 192.168.10.1 WiFi repeater setup. In given paragraphs, we will answer the asked question “How do I know if I set up my Wireless-N repeater properly?” which you can use to know that Wireless-N repeater is installed or not.
Signs Shown By Repeater After Completing Setup
If you think you have completed the installation of Wireless-N repeater, then you should check out the LEDs that are on the front of the networking device. Different colors of lights means different things, let’s take a look which LED color light mean.
1. Power LED
Yes, there is a power LED light, which indicates steady red light, when power adapter is connected to a wall socket that supply power to the WiFi extender.
2. Wireless Indicator LED
This LED is located under the power LED, which shows the green light when the device detects wireless activity such as internet devices like laptops, phones and more.
3. LAN Indicator LED
The LAN (local area network) indicator LED rings green when the Ethernet cable is connected into one of the ports.
4. Reset Button LED
When you press the Reset button (given on the back of the Wireless-N WiFi repeater), the reset button LED blinks red and starts the factory reset process.
To check that you set it up correctly, you have to turn it on by plug the networking device into a wall socket. You will see the power LED and Ethernet indicator LED will light up. If the lights will not turns on then you have to ensure that everything is correctly done. Just follow these tips to turn on the repeater.
- Be sure the wall socket you are using is in good condition and if it’s damaged then fix it by calling an electrician. You can also use another wall outlet.
- Check the Ethernet cable; if it is damaged then replace it immediately with a new one.
- Ensure that the router to repeater connection is strong. If you have inserted the network cable to the wrong ports of both the devices, then the repeater will not receive the signals.
- You should connect the cable to the WAN port of the WiFi extender and LAN port of the WiFi router to establish a strong connection between them.
We hope you have correctly established the network of the extender and ready to connect your phone or laptop to the repeater. To connect, just turn on the WiFi option in your internet device and find the repeater’s SSID name and fill the password. You can check the wireless indicator LED to confirm that your Wireless-N repeater is receiving your internet device network signal or not. If the LED is not lightening up, then you can follow these below written tips to troubleshoot it.
- To connect your internet devices to the WiFi extender, you have to enter the repeater’s SSID network name and password into the WiFi setting of your phone or laptop. The details of the repeater can be wrong, so make sure you typed correct SSID and password.
- Network interruptions like plugging the network device near to the electronic devices can be a reason of the connection issue. So, change the location and then try to connect.
- Be sure you are in the range of the Wireless-N repeater’s network.
Once you have connected to extender, you will experience double internet speed compare to, when you managed settings to done WiFi repeater setup on mobile or computer. It means you have completed the installation of the Wireless-N WiFi extender.
Here you have found the answer of the asked question “How do I know if I set up my Wireless-N repeater properly?” We also provided some tips, so that if you are not successfully complete the repeater’s setup you can take help from this blog. We hope you have completed the installation and are enjoying the extended internet service in your home.