How Does A WiFi Booster Work?
There are networking devices like routers and modems that provide you internet services. But, these networking devices have limited and small reach of WiFi range. So, brands like Wireless-N, Netgear, Wavlink and more other distributes extender, repeaters and boosters to extends the WiFi range in your home.
WiFi repeater setup and boosters setup is so simple to complete and straight forward to connect with. But, here we will tell you about what a WiFi signal booster is and how do WiFi boosters work when it connects to router.
So, let’s start with a simple and meaningful definition of WiFi boosters, or range extenders. Then, after this you will get to know how does a WiFi booster work, when it is connected to your home router.
What is a WiFi Booster: Definition
A WiFi booster is a network device that used to boost and expands the WiFi signals that came from your home WiFi router. You just have to link it with the router wirelessly or with network cable and configure its settings to run extended internet services.
You will explore the full installation process later in this blog. But first, you must know what are the hardware specifications and its accessories in the booster’s box that is given below.
What Are Booster’s Specifications?
- You will find LED lights on the front that rings different colors like red, green, or blue, which shows device status.
- Ethernet, WAN and a power port are also given to on some boosters and some are plug-in devices.
- WPS and power button are displayed on the side of the WiFi boosters, so that you can link routers wirelessly.
What Are Booster’s Accessories?
- In the new booster accessory box, you will get main booster unit with antennas.
- A user manual guide and Ethernet cable are also included with the main unit.
- Some boosters that have power port on the back provide power cord as well.
Now, see what do WiFi boosters do and how does WiFi booster work, when it is connected to the home WiFi router.
How Does A WiFi Booster Work: Installation
Here in this section, you will join in a discussion, which discuss full booster setup process. It is same as WiFi repeater installation that has WiFi repeater login interface utility.
How to Connect Router to Booster?
- To establish the network connection between your home router and the booster, you have use Ethernet cable.
- Place your booster close to the router and locate the booster’s WAN and router’s LAN port. The connect Ethernet cable to the located ports.
- Make sure, there shouldn’t be any electronic device near to the router and booster.
- Now, turn both the networking device on by pushing the power buttons given on the front of both the devices.
After setting up the hardware connections and turning up the network of the booster, you have to access the interface and adjust settings.
How to Adjust Settings of Booster?
- To get the access of the web interface utility you have to connect your computer to the booster via LAN cable.
- Turn up the computer and search booster’s assigned IP address on the web browser or search engine.
- You can find IP address as well as login details on the label or on the user manual of the booster.
- By searching and adding the credentials on the login page, you will have to click on the LOG IN button.
- You will reach inside the interface of the booster; here you can easily configure the settings and networks.
So, here is the end of this second section of the blog that named as how does a WiFi booster work. Now let’s end it with some positive lines and word.
Lines of End
This the last paragraph of this blog in which you have joined a discussion of ‘how does a WiFi booster work’. We have also added the definition, specifications and accessories information of booster. Then, you have reached to the connection between the router and booster, and access the interface section. Hope, you have made your mind to buy a booster to expand your router’s WiFi signals in your home.