How to Change Wireless-N WiFi Repeater Password?
Wireless-N Wireless repeater is use to eliminate the WiFi dead zones in your home. You can easily install it in your house. If you bought a brand new WiFi repeater and want to change or assign a new Wireless-N WiFi repeater password and network name, then you can take help from this article. Here, we will walk through a login process. After reaching at the main dashboard of the interface, you will see how you can change the network name and password of the network. Let’s start it.
Steps to Change Wireless-N WiFi Repeater Password
To change the password of the network admin you have to log in to the extender. For this, you have to establish connection between the router and the WiFi extender. Just follow these small paragraphs to connect your extender to your router and access the extender’s interface.
Connect Router to Wifi Extender
Place you extender close to the WiFi router. Remember, don’t place your router or extender near to the electronic things like microwave oven or cordless phone and heavy concrete walls. To connect, you have to use the Ethernet cable. Connect one end of the wire to the LAN port of the router and WAN port of the extender. Then plug your extender to a power socket which is in good condition. If the switch socket is damaged then call an electrician to fix it.
Accessing Wireless-N Repeater
To access the web based interface of the WiFi extender, you have to use your computer. Then follow some of the simple steps written down here.
- To login, you should connect your computer to the network of the Wireless-N WiFi repeater.
- After that, open any web browser such as Safari, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Opera Mini.
- Then locate the address bar of the browser and enter login IP that is 192.168.10.1 in it. Hit Enter key.
- The screen will take you to the login page of the interface.
- Now, you will see username and password fields. Just enter the details using the user manual.
- You can also enter admin in the username space and password in the password space.
- Hit Enter key again. You will reach at the main dashboard of the web interface of the WiFi extender.
The login via IP address is an essential part of the 192.168.10.1 WiFi repeater setup. You can use the login URL that is Myrepeater.net. You just have to enter this login URL instead of 192.168.10.1. After that all the steps will be same as mentioned above in ‘Access wireless-n repeater’ section. You can also use your mobile phone to access the web interface of the extender. You can update the firmware from this dashboard of the WiFi extender.
Now let’s take a look how you can change the Wireless-n WiFi repeater password and network name.
Steps to Add a New Password to Admin
- After log in to the WiFi extender, you just have to locate settings.
- Click on the Settings. Then a different window will open.
- Here you will see the network name, WPS security and password section.
- You can also change the network name of the extender.
- To change just click on the given blank given on the screen under the WPS security section.
- Now, you can assign a new password to the network.
- To change the network name you have to click on the username section and then enter a new network name into it.
- To apply the new changes click on the submit option given down to the screen.
Now you have changed the password and the network name of the Wireless-N WiFi repeater.
You also can take help using some of these troubleshooting tips so that you can login and change networking details without any occurrence of error.
- Always use up-to-date internet browser.
- Before logging in you should clear the garbage files such as cache and cookies from the web browser.
- Be sure you disable the ad-blocker of the internet browser.
- Also disable the antivirus of the computer temporarily.
You should apply these troubleshooting tips before log in to the Wireless-N WiFi repeater’s web based interface. These tips also help you in installation of brand new Wireless-n WiFi extender.
The Last Words
With this article you have learned how to change the Wireless-N WiFi repeater password and the network name as well. You also gather information how you can log in to the Wireless-N WiFi repeater web interface. Also, you went through some of the troubleshooting tips so that you can successfully change the password of the WiFi repeater without any error or issue.